Monday, April 15, 2013

Blog Post #3


             "When students need to move from one building to another, they rush because they do not want to be late, given the fifteen minute interval between classes. When the students rush from one building to the other, the majority of them do not follow the automated traffic lights. Students also do not wait for vehicles to cross when it is a green light for the drivers. As a result, drivers also rush to pass through with no concern for the people. Consequently, both the drivers and the people are the cause of putting people's life at risk."
            In my memo, I talked about traffic congestion and how it affects the pedestrians' lives around LaGuardia Community College. I chose this scenario because as a student of  LaGuardia Community College, I face this problem on daily basis. Also, many students complain about this crisis, therefore I decided to propose my opinion upon it. I came up with a few solution that might solve the problem, but they were all common ideas. My unique solution to this dilemma was to connect the B and C building. A similar concept of the E and M building. However, since they are separated by the street, it would have to be connected only via the third floor. I was inspired by this idea when I visited Hunter college and they had the same design.
            When I started writing the memo, I have done some research about what devices are used to control traffic. I interviewed some of the students about their point of view and opinion on the problem. I think I should have asked my teammates to give me more feedback on my paper to improve my grammatical issues and organize my ideas. After this assignment, I understand that technical writing is different from a simple essay. For instance, I should have been more specific and stating my point straight forward instead of writing useless sentences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment